We may receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners.
Books, movies, TV shows and a computer game, the “Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” has many forms. While
- Everything you need in terms of “materials” (
resume, references, cover letters, skills, target companies, etc.)
- A Plan of Attack – who to contact first in your network, how you will spend your time (spread across recruiters, company career sites,
job searchsites and research) interviewPreparation – questions to ask, answers to questions you will be asked, how you will research companies and interviewers where you get asked to interview
A Focused Approach: If you are not organized, your search will be difficult at best. Who have you called, who do you need to follow-up with, what jobs have you applied for and a thousand other things to organized. Leverage the lists created in
- Quintcareers.com has a free follow-up log which can be very useful for tracking
your job search– Sample Job Lead Follow-up Log and their article “Follow Up All Job Leads: Don’t Wait by the Phone (or Computer)” is definitely worth a read.
- The University of North Dakota’s Career Site has great
job searchresources (and you don’t need to be an alumni).
- Tracking your search can be challenging. Take a look at CareerAlley’s Website Tracking Tool.
We are always eager to hear from our readers. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or suggestions regarding CareerAlley content.
Good luck in your search,
|job title, keywords, company, location||jobs by|