We may receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners.
As with most things in life, sometimes you can “do it yourself” and sometimes you need professional help. The job search process has become very complex and very competitive, you need to think about what you will need.
The point to remember is that this is not about saving money. If you need the help and you can afford the cost, this is one of the most important investments you will make (so choose wisely).Tweet This
A complete guide to finding a job online explains how to find the thousands of job listings on the Web, use the leading career websites, create an electronic resume and cover letter, research companies via the Internet, find online contacts and network, and more.
Please also keep in mind that the list shows very different choices which are not directly comparable to each other.
You only get one shot to convince a potential employer that you’re the best candidate for the
- 10 Things That Can Recharge Your Resume
- How to write a killer resume
- How to Write Killer Resumes and Cover Letters
- Get Your Killer Resume
- Get More Interviews with a Great Resume
“Whatever the reason for your
jobsearch and no matter how urgent your need to find a new jobmay seem, you will save tons of time and aggravation if you first spend a little time planning out your jobsearch approach. A good jobsearch plan will help you land a new jobas quickly as possible.” – Planning for Your Job Search
TopResume writes and analyzes more resumes and LinkedIn profiles than any other service in the world. Let our resume experts provide you with objective feedback and personalized recommendations to improve your resume and land the right job sooner. Get a free, confidential resume review from TopResume
Cover letter writing may seem like a necessary evil when you are looking for work, but it’s just as important as preparing your resume. Crafting an awesome cover letter will help get your foot in the door and land that
Beat out the competition for the best jobs
Create an image of accomplishment, professionalism, and competence that today’s employers are begging for!
- How Long Should A Cover Letter Be? Tips for Writing a Great Cover Letter
- To Whom It May Concern: 12 Cover Letter Rules You Must Follow
- Knock ’em Dead Cover Letters: Cover Letters and Strategies to Get the Job You Want
- Cover Letters: The Ultimate Step-by-Step Guide to Writing a Successful Cover Letter
Thank You emails or Letters
The thank you note (or email) is your opportunity to let the interviewer know you were listening and to let them know you have the skills and experience they need. It is also a great demonstration that you have social skills and, more importantly, it showcases your ability to write fluently. In essence, it’s the opportunity to showcase a skill set that is important for most jobs. Following are some resources to get you started.
- 5 Resources for Job Interview Thank You Letters
- 5 Ways to Ensure Your Thank You Letter is Noticed
- Thank You for the Interview Letters: How to send interview follow-up letters
- Follow Up after the Interview: Beyond ‘Thank You’
You know how it is. You put in all this work to get “the interview”. You spent countless hours updating your resume, calling contacts, browsing
- 7 Tips for Successful Telephone Interviews
- Strategies to Help You Nail Your Next Interview
- Answers to the Top 20 Interview Questions: Conquering the Job Interview Process
- Personalized interview coaching