Occasionally I get emails from my readers suggesting career or job search related articles and sometimes I find some really helpful career related articles. Following is a short list of some helpful career articles (including some from yours truly).
- Which iPhone Apps Do Job Seekers Need? – This article, from jobmob.co.il, provides a great list iPhone apps for job searchers (over 190 apps!). Take a look.
- 300+ Android Job Search Apps – I knew the next question would be “what about Android phones”, so here is the article (also from Jobmob) for Android apps. A much bigger list!
- Where the jobs are: Hot prospects for college grads – This article (from usatoday.com) is a timely article for recent college grads (as well as those about to graduate). This is also worth reading for still in college (best majors, etc.).
- 43 Things Your Future Boss Wants You to Know – Thebestcolleges.org published this article (I wish I had this advice when I graduated college – about 1 million years ago) which provides some great basics. Some of this stuff you would learn the hard way (which can be painful and hurt your career prospects). Tips such as “how to send an email” and “how to listen” provide some great information. Take a read.
- 8 Great Careers for Older Workers – We will all get there some day (older that is). I’ve been there for awhile (now looking for careers for ancient workers). Anyway, enough about me. This article is posted by Businessinsurance.org and provides some great ideas for that next career.
- 10 Degrees Hiring Managers Don’t Want To See – Hopefully you knew this information before you declared your major (or graduated). Posted by Bestdegreeprograms.org, this infographic has some interesting statistics.
- Women @ Work – Sound Bites, Statistics of Women Who Lead – While we are on the topic of infographics (and in the spirit of Careers), this infographic is posted on the University of North Carolina’s MBA site (onlinemba.unc.edu) and provides some really interesting information on Women in the Workplace.
- Develop Your Personal Brand – This is a link to a great resource on personal branding posted on IdeasByNet.com’s blog. This free resource contains a lot of easy, actionable advice for both students and recent grad. The resource is designed to help people develop their personal brand which should help increase employability (among other benefits). Take a look.
- Salary Negotiation – Do You Know How Much You’re Worth? – This article is from CareerAlley and provides some great resources as well as helping to answer questions such as:
- Are you underpaid?
- Do you think you are paid what you are worth, given your experience and compared to others you work with?
- When you get that job offer, how do you know they are offering you what you are worth?
We are always eager to hear from our readers. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or suggestions regarding CareerAlley content.
Good luck in your search,