We may receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners.
Most of us have been fortunate enough to never have had to type our
Speed to market is now the name of the game for job search, along with leveraging digital tools and your professional network.Tweet This
Tip #1 – Make
Your resume Accessible
- 5 Ways to Leverage the Internet in Your Job Search– Take a look at this CareerAlley post with lots of alternatives for making
your resumeeasily accessible.
- Company Career Centers – Use this list of Company career sites from CareerAlley to pick the companies you want to work for. Go directly to their profile page, enter your profile set notifications for new jobs. This way, you will get an email when there is a job match for a company you want to work for
Tip #2. Use
job search Bots
- Overwhelmed with Job Search – Job Search Boards – Some
job searchBoard info from CareerAlley
- How to Use Indeed.com for Your Job Search – Some specifics on using indeed.com (take a look at part 2 as well)
Tip #3 – Leverage Social Media
Social networks should be a major part of
- Top Tips to include on your LinkedIn profile – This article provides some great tips for leveraging linkedin for
your job search.
- 4 Tips for Utilizing Social Networking Outlets for Your Job Search – Some great tips on creating/changing your profile and using social networks to brand yourself for
Tip #4 – Do your homework – research companies
You need to have a pretty good idea about where you want to work and the types of companies you would like to work for. In order to do this, you need to do a fair amount of research on companies. Between company sites and other resources (like your network), you should be able to get most (if not all) of the information you will need.
- 8 Resources to Help Find the Right Company for Your Next Job – This article provides eight resources on how and where to conduct your company research.
- Guide to Researching Companies, Industries, and Countries – This is a really good resource provided by livecareers.com. Not only are there links to help you research but there are also links for researching industries and countries.
Tip #5 – Leverage Smartphone Apps
Smartphone apps are the best way to keep
- Top Tips for Leveraging Your Smartphone for Your Job Search – Part 1 – Take a read and don’t forget to look at part II.
- Smart Money, Smart Jobs, Smartphone – Leverage your Job Search – Smartphone apps and mobile