We may receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners.
One of the things that I’ve always been proud of is my resume. I thought I had the best format, amazing content, all of the “hot” keywords and the ideal number of pages. And you know what? I was wrong. Working with an executive
Reason # 1 – It’s been more than 3 months – If you’ve ever had to update your resume after 6 or more months, you will know what I’m talking about.
- update your key accomplishments every 6 months
- review your skills and add as necessary
- Tailor Your Resume to Increase Your Chances of Getting the Interview –
Your resumeshould reflect the experience and skills that best match the job requirements. Highlighting experience, skills and keywords are key to getting the interview.
Reason # 2 – Everyone Loves a New resume – Many
Reason # 3 – No Action, No Traction – Action words and keywords are still the name of the game. With millions of resumes on the Internet, recruiters do not have time to read everything. They are drawn to specific words (and the words differ depending on the job). Many recruiters and hiring companies use resume scanning technology to identify resumes that are the best fit. Add the keywords that will draw interest in
- Understanding the Importance of Keywords in Your Job Search – Here it is, why keywords are important, and how they impact
your job search.
Reason # 4 – Format, Format Format – There are probably thousands of resume formats out there and you could spend weeks looking for the “right” format. That being said, format is important. Readers will not spend much time reading if they are not drawn in. What format is right for you? Take a look at resume samples for your industry or functional background.
- 5 Steps to a Great Resume – Formats – This article will step you through the process of re-formatting
Reason # 5 – Can You Hear Me Now? – If
- 4 Ways to Catch the Hiring Manager’s Attention with Your Resume – You know the “5-second rule” for dropping food on the floor? Well there is a “30 second rule” for when a reader loses interest in
your resume. Ensure you know what you need to do to get the hiring manager’s attention.
We are always eager to hear from our readers. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or suggestions regarding CareerAlley content.
RESUME WRITING SERVICES - Designed to help you get more interviews and succeed in the next phase of your career. Select your resume writing package and get a 10% discount.