“The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that can be learned in no other way.” – Mark Twain
I’m switching it around a bit and starting from the top of the list for this post. Large companies and lots of jobs, the companies range from Oil and Gas (which dominate the top of the list) to retail, Financial Services and Manufacturing. Each of the companies listed have mature career sites with many resources. If you are really interested in any of these companies, take advantage of their registration and submit your resume.
- Wal-Mart Stores – Number 1 on the Fortune 1000 list, Wal-Mart is a well known name. There are a number of options when visiting the Wal-Mart Careers page: Sam’s Club, Corporate Careers, Logistics Careers and quite a few more. Their main careers page has a large Apply label right in the middle of the page (which does not link to anything unless you select a career). If you would like to explore first, the right hand side of the page has a few options. In addition to the ones I listed, there is also College and Recent Grads, Military, Driving Careers and many more. You can also check for jobs in your area by clicking “in your local area” center page. There is a way to search across all jobs by selecting Apply and then editing the options. There were 1,535 career opportunities when I checked the site.
- Exxon Mobil – Exxon Mobil is, of course, is in the Oil and Gas business and is ranked number 2 on the list. Their career page has a few tabs at the top where you can select your region and then country. Once you’ve done that, there are a number of links, including links for Campus Recruiting, Experienced Professionals and more. There is also a link for submitting your resume. Click “Click to Apply” and you can search all opens. There were 46 job opportunities in the US when I checked the site.
- Chevron – Ranked #3, Chevron is another Oil and Gas company. Their Careers page is crisp and easier to navigate than many career pages. There are tabs at the top for Find a Job, Types of Jobs, Students and Recent Grads and Working at Chevron. On the right hand side there are a few links: Look for Jobs Around the World, a careers link in Spanish and College Recruiting. Clicking Jobs Around the World leads to the Find a Job page where you will need to select a country. There were 184 job opportunities in the US when I checked the site.
- General Electric – Another company we’ve all heard of, GE is ranked 4th on the list and is involved in way too many businesses to list here. There are over 300,000 people in over 100 locations (according to the website). Their careers page has a company overview followed by segmented opportunities – University and R&D are featured. You can create a profile or just click on Search next to “Start your Job Search”. There were 8,000 job opportunities when I checked the site.
- Bank of America Corp. – Ranked number 5, B of A is also on the most admired.Their career site has links on the left for Job Search, Job Areas, Campus Recruiting, Global Careers and more. The center of the page has an overview followed by a simple search engine (select your country first). Once you do that, you can either select additional criteria or just search everything. You can also create a profile. There were 4,176 job opportunities in the US when I checked the site.
Good luck in your search.
Visit me on Facebook