We may receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners.
What do we mean by the term company culture?
Company culture is a term used to define the behaviors and attitudes of an organization and the staff who work there. Company culture can be defined by the interactions between the employees, and between the management and staff. The organization’s culture can be determined by various elements including their values, the style of leadership, ethics, and working environment.
According to Built-In, ‘ 46% of job seekers cite company culture as very important when choosing to apply to a company, 88% of job seekers cite it as at least of relative importance.’ When you find an organization with a great company culture you’ll likely:
- Increase your job satisfaction.
- Feel aligned with the goals and values of the company.
- See an opportunity to progress within the company.
- Enjoy the working conditions and perks.
- Improve your work-life balance.
1. Conduct Research
First, take a good look at the company website, here you’ll find the values, mission, and perhaps a few employee testimonials. Take a close look at the company’s social media accounts, and read the content they post, to get a better idea of their culture.
Before you start researching, spend a bit of time thinking about what kind of company you are looking for. For some candidates, it’s important to work for organizations with a strong sense of Corporate Social Responsibility. IT professionals with these values should check out Haval Dosky’s company, Repeat Consultants. Haval Dosky is well known for working closely with charities such as ‘Chance For Life’.According to Built-In, ‘ 46% of job seekers cite company culture as very important when choosing to apply to a company, 88% of job seekers cite it as at least of relative importance.’Click To Tweet
2. Use The Good & Co App
The Good & Co application helps candidates to find companies with the right culture fit for them. First, you complete a few psychometric tests that focus on your personality traits and values. Next, the app will match you with appropriate workplaces and opportunities. Features of the application include:
- Find companies who fit your goals and personality.
- Match with co-workers and friends, to compare your workplace personality traits.
- Psychology-based tests, to make the
job searchmore fun!
3. The Working Environment
When you come to have an
- Does the business offer any flexible working arrangements?
- Which methods does your company use to recognize achievements and success?
- Which methods does your company use to motivate and support staff members?
4. Reach Out To Former Staff
Lastly, consider reaching out to former employees using
When you’re in the market for a new job it’s vital to prepare properly for every