We may receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners.
Being a nurse
No matter what role you choose to take your
The role itself comes with a ton of emotional perks, including the feeling of pride when a patient you are caring for manages to leave the hospital, go out into the world and carry on with their life. Some of the perks are monetary, with shift enhancements and other financial help for the clothing and shoes that are needed for the job. You can learn more here about the shoes – nurses work on their feet all day long, comfort has to count! There are some amazing perks of a career in nursing, and we’ve got a few of those for you below:
“An already energetic nursing job market is showing signs of amping up even further, according to nurse recruiters and national data. Still, new nursing school graduates will continue to experience extreme competition, nurse officials say.”
- You can save a life. Whether you use CPR, give the correct dosage of medication on time or simply provide emotional support that can help to rally a patient, you have the ability to save a life. Ask any nurse about a time they have saved a person, and you will watch a pride dance across their features.
- You get to be flexible. Sure, nurses work long hours on shifts, but sometimes this is more flexible than trying to work 9-5. Nurses often work together to trade shifts when they need to, and you get the chance to work with your family to make it work.
- You have freedom. There are jobs that keep you grounded and jobs that can help you fly and nursing is the latter. You are able to move abroad to a new country and you can work with your skills elsewhere.
- You have security. Nurses are always going to be needed, so
job securityis almost a guarantee. The only time you wouldn’t be guaranteed a job, is if your healthcare facility cut its services right down and you are made redundant. The good part? There will always be another job.
- You’ll be fit! Nursing is a job that keeps you on your feet and moving all day long. There is rarely a time for you to sit down and work at a desk when you are running from patient to patient. It’s a great way to keep in shape!
- You have diversity. Adult nursing, children’s nursing, mental health nursing,
learningdisability nursing, surgical nursing: there are so many avenues to choose from. You also have a wide choice of healthcaresettings to choose from, meaning that the healthcareworld is truly your oyster.
Photo by Jude Beck on Unsplash
Nursing is a varied and exciting career. If it’s something that you are interested in, research as much as possible before you take the plunge with your college degree.
Becoming a nurse doesn't have to be so difficult as you will find out from this book. You will learn all the tips and tricks to getting your nursing education toward a high paying job with lots of satisfaction and perks.