We may receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners.
Resumes are probably the most important document you will ever have in your career (short of a million-dollar contract). It’s difficult writing a great resume, and we can all use help creating our resume. Knowing which resume formats to use, leveraging keywords, etc. All of that is very helpful and can help us fast track the job search process.
Certain aspects of job
There must be hundreds of “how to write a Resume” books out there, which are the best ones to use? And once you get that resume gets you an
- What Color Is Your Parachute? Guide to Rethinking Resumes: Write a Winning Resume and Cover Letter and Land Your Dream Interview – First time writing a resume? Or maybe your resume needs a big rewrite? Then this is the book for you. From beginners to advanced resume needs, this book covers the latest in resume tactics (keywords, scanning, etc.). Whether you decide to hire someone to help you write your resume or will DIY, this book will help you decide what is best for you.
- Knock ’em Dead Resumes: How to Write a Killer Resume That Gets You Job Interviews – Top-rated on Amazon’s list (keeping in mind that several versions of “What Color is your parachute are in the top 5), this is a step by step guide for writing resumes with additional information on getting interviews. The book includes strategies that have been proven to work overtime and includes great tips on writing resumes that will work for your online job submissions.
At a time when companies can draw on resume banks containing millions of documents, you'll need to create a concise and powerful resume if you want to stand out.
- How to Say It on Your Resume: A Top Recruiting Director’s Guide to Writing the Perfect Resume for Every Job – This book covers almost every career scenario (job change, looking for that promotion, Fired, experienced hires, career change, etc.). The book includes some useful tools like action words (yes, they are still important) and a checklist for writing your resume.
- Winning Answers to 500 Interview Questions– Let’s face it, if you fail in your
interviewyou are not getting the job. One of the best investments you can make in your career is spending serious time preparing for interviews. This book will help prepare you for your interviews and provide that additional confidence to make a great impression.
- The About.Com Guide To Job Searching: Tools and Tactics to Help You Get the Job You Want (About.com Guides)[/easyazon_link] – Career expert Alison Doyle’s book from About.com offers up in an organized manner, all of the tools you will need in your job search. From understanding your career options to leveraging your skills, this is the book you should read to help you with your search.
Getting the advantage in today's job market is tough, so making yourself stand out in the job marketplace is more important than ever. From writing a good resume and locating the best search engines to what to do when you get an interview.
Get That Job
So many of the posts on CareerAlley have been about leveraging the Internet in your job search. The resources above can help you plan the perfect job search.