We may receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners.
In the digital era, the future of your professional development and career largely depend on your activity on social networks, including professional platforms. LinkedIn is one of the top global employment networks, so in no case should you neglect
For you to increase the chances of landing your dream job offer, we prepared some tips on what your page should look like so that you get the attention of a potential employer.
LinkedIn so important?
According to the US Human Resource Management Association,
Your goal is to attract the attention of a potential employer and create the desired image in his eyes. Here are some tips to help you with this. Donna Serdula, the owner of
Just having a LinkedIn account won’t help if you’ve not fully developed your profile. While your resume should be the major source for your LinkedIn profile content, it should not be just a “cut and paste” of your resume.Tweet This
What data should be in your profile? What info should not be covered?
- Do not skip the
educationblock – users who indicate educationin the questionnaire appear in search results up to 17 times more often than those who do not.
- Another important detail is your geographic location – filling in this item can increase your visibility in search up to 23 times.
- Be sure to upload the relevant photo – according to Dehembrell, pages with photos receive up to 21 times more views and up to 36 times more messages.
- Do not skip a short description field – it’s worth briefly presenting your skills, telling about your motivation and interests. However, this part shouldn’t be too long even if your working experience is rich, and you have more than one accomplishment to share.
- Job search specs are also important – If you are actively looking for a new workplace, the new job description should be used to attract the attention of recruiters. There are millions of profiles with the heading “Marketing Director;” thus, a page with a header “Medical Internet Marketing Wizard” has more chances to attract additional attention.
All in all, the more information you provide on your page, the better. Thus, it will be easier for your potential employer to assess your experience and relevance for a particular position.
How to use the platform effectively?
According to Serdula, it’s quite normal to add a person you do not know to your “friends,” but when sending the invitation, write something meaningful and special in your “friendship request.”
Personal notes are important
- As a rule, first-person referral works best for all types of the page – “I am a PR specialist trusted by the largest companies in Silicon Valley.”
- If you are engaged in sales or marketing, it might be better to use a second person – “If you want to change your business, visit my website.”
- For a top manager, it might be more appropriate to have a third-person message – “John Smith is an author with many awards and professional achievements.”
Take a minute and think about your target audience. Who is it? Potential employer? New customers? Depending on the answer, select the appropriate tone of your writing, but do not let your text be too formal and emotion-free.
Your working experience highly matters!
It is worth making sure that the presented work experience is relevant and appropriate for your chosen career. If you were a volunteer on a certain
Pay attention to the tone of your profile
According to Serdula, the idea is to engage the audience in the real interaction: “A good page encourages a person to act – he should want to take the phone and call you, follow the link, read the article.”
How to work with the search function?
According to Desemberl, there are more than 11 million active vacancies on
Let’s create a 100% effective page together! If you are not a talented writer and have no experience in using