Networking, while always a key component of job search, has taken on more importance as business social networks have become increasingly more popular. The article and links below reminds us that Social Networking has become the preferred destination of choice for employers when looking for potential hires.
- “Wall Street Recruiters and Employees Increasingly Use Social Networking for Career Management” – This article, by Wall Street & Technology, stresses the importance that potential employers put on social networks. In addition to LinkedIn, there are a few others such as meettheboss.com and Plaxo.com (see my comments on Plaxo below).
- Plaxo.com – Not as popular as LinkedIn (from what I can tell), Plaxo is another social network which allows you to link and keep track of business partners, friends and family. Acquired by Comcast earlier this year, the following link provides additional background (Comcast goes social with Plaxo acquisition)
- “Leveraging Social Networks within the Current Job Market” – How do you make yourself stand out from the job search crowd? This article, covered on Bnet but sourced from Business Wire, covers a few points to help you stand out including social networks.
A few additional links on this topic:
- Are You LinkedIn? – Original reviews of LinkedIn and meettheboss.com
- Guidelines for Networking – Review the post “Don’t Network like Ty Cobb” covered on the Spin Strategy™ site
- “37 Ideas to Grow Your Job Search Network Right Now”, from JobMob.
Lots of links (good reading for the Holidays).
Good luck in your search.