We may receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners.
Search for Jobs
LinkedIn has rapidly become the leading
- Quickly find career opportunities in any location
- Receive automatic recommendations and notifications based on job searches
- Apply to positions using just the LinkedIn profile
- Save interesting jobs for later resume submission
So many people are capitalizing on LinkedIn, from getting LinkedIn training for sales teams to individual entrepreneurs using it as a content marketing platform to job seekers using it to empower their career. For them, it starts with your Resume.
The process is actually quite simple.
Convert Your LinkedIn Profile to a Resume
One convenient built-in profile feature is the “save your profile as a .pdf” button:
The resulting document looks very nice and could work as a quick resume.
But if you need a more traditional resume-like appearance, you’ll want to try a free resume review service. Turn your LinkedIn Profile into a beautiful resume in seconds. No more messing around with multiple Word and PDF documents scattered all over the computer. Pick a resume template, customize the content, and print and share the result to your heart’s content.
Think it’s overkill to submit your Resume and “apply with LinkedIn”? Think again. A well-optimized profile helps to garner interest from recruiters and hiring managers.Tweet This
Search for Recommended Jobs
Linkedin’s “Jobs You May Be Interested In” feature shows jobs that match your profile in one or more characteristics. Find this feature by clicking Jobs at the top of your homepage.
Here, you can set your preferences for company type, size, industry, and location by clicking on the icons at the top right of the page, and answering the screen prompts.
Jobs recommend to you are based, in part, on information listed in your profile, and the preferences you set here. If you are not getting the recommended jobs you’d like to see, try changing your filters – remove or add filters to change the results coming to you.
Advanced search for Jobs
You can also receive daily or weekly email alerts based on job suggestions.
Jobs on Premium Account
The job market is a crowded one, and standing out from the crowd is crucial. With a Premium LinkedIn account, your profile will help you stand out with these highly useful features:
- A larger photo
- A gallery of stock images to quickly create a compelling profile banner image
- 2x more prominent listing v. other search results, meaning that more info is displayed from your profile in a search
- Move to the top of a hiring manager’s list when applying to open positions as a Featured Applicant, placing your job application above those submitted by non-Premium members, and increasing the chances of having your resume viewed earlier
- Filter job listings by estimated salary range, homing in only on those that meet specific criteria. Salary estimates for each job posting are provided by PayScale and viewable for companies located in the USA, UK, Canada, and Australia
- Zero in on more of the right types of people by fine-tuning a search with additional filters, such as seniority, and interests, company size, greatly reducing the time it takes to find recruiters, target companies and industry leaders
- Save up to 5 filtered searches, and get weekly email alerts when someone new matches your search criteria
- Access a complete list of members who have viewed your profile in the last 90 days v. non-Premium members who can see only the last five people
- See meaningful insights, such as the keywords used to find you, and the locations and industries of your viewers; extremely helpful in improving your profile and getting found more often by the right people
- Get access to InMail – contact any member directly, even if you and the member are not 1st connections, or you don’t know the member’s email. It’s a terrific way to follow-up on job applications, request introductions (up to 25 introductions to insiders at your target companies), and make new contacts. LinkedIn states that InMails are 2x more effective than emailing or cold calling.
Applying for Jobs via LinkedIn
Applying for a job through LinkedIn rather than through the company’s website? You can attach
- In the job application window, look for Resume/Cover Letter section and click ‘Upload a file’.
your resumestored on your computer and select it. Your resumewill be uploaded when you submit your application.
- You must perform these actions on a desktop or laptop
- Resumes cannot currently be attached via a mobile device
- File size is limited to 5 MB, and Microsoft Word or PDF format only
If you want to attach
Once you’ve applied to a job opening with your profile and attached
In some application scenarios, the hiring company will reroute you to their job board or website to finish the application process.
Think it’s overkill to submit
A well-optimized profile helps to garner interest from recruiters and hiring managers.
But you can also tweak