We may receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners.
YouTube is gaining popularity as an alternative to other
Depending on your profession, personal branding can be very important in your success factor. Some great examples are authors, Real Estate Brokers, Personal Trainers, Certified Financial Planners and the list goes on. YouTube is the perfect tool to help you build your brand. So just how do you do this?
- Who Are You? – Before you get started, you need to define who you are (or want to be) in your career. Are you a Finance Expert or a Social Media expert? Whatever you are (or want to be), you need to define you.
- Define Your Audience – Is your personal brand for recruiters or to let professionals in your field of work know who you are and what you do (or both)?
- Skills and Experience – Using
your resume(don’t have one or need an update? See 5 Steps to a Great Resume).
Tips and Resources
There are YouTube videos for just about everything, and
- CAREEREALISM TV has a bunch of YouTube videos through their “Careers on Tap” series and their “How to Tuesdays”. There are episodes on how to change industries, interviews, how to overcome career fear, and a bunch more. Certainly worth a look and listen.
- Career HMO – Some interesting videos on leveraging
- The Interview Guys – One of the more popular
job searchchannels on YouTube. The videos are generally several minutes long, and cover topics focused on interviews and resumes. They’ve taken the time to categorize their videos into playlists, so you can focus on a topic.
- Snagajob Videos – Snagajob, which also has a
job searchsite, has a YouTube channel. The site has a wide variety of videos on interviews, how to find a job, etc. They also have topic-specific videos such as “What is it like to be a pizza delivery driver” and the “Hourly America” series.
- Job-Applications – This YouTube channel focuses on interviewing former employees, what the role entailed as well as some information on what it was like to work at the company. This is a great place to conduct your research on companies before adding them to your list of places you would like to work. Many well-known companies are featured (such as Walmart, Starbucks, Macy’s, etc.).
- Don Georgevich – Don’s YouTube channel focuses on job interviews. The
interviewseries is broken up into modules. There are a bunch of videos on giving positive reviews on how Don’s interviewmethod worked for them.
So is it worth your time watching YouTube videos on
Listening and watching a video on advice can be a welcome break from reading lots of books and articles. The real key is to gather the information you need and then get back to a proactive