We may receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners.
Job search can be challenging, There are so many job search sites listing thousands of opportunities. Many times jobs posted are either already filled, don’t really exist or no one gets back to you. It’s easy to become discouraged and to lose focus. A successful job search is a series of tasks and approaches applied over a period of time. While you could get lucky and quickly find a job, this is unlikely in any market. The best approach is to split your time across a number of job search activities.
What is ZipRecruiter?
ZipRecruiter is an online employment marketplace that matches job seekers with companies that are looking to hire. Companies place their jobs on ZipRecruiter and then ZipRecruiter sends these job opportunities to over one hundred of the most popular job search sites and social networks. This is a big advantage for companies because the platform broadcasts job opportunities to a very large audience of potential job seekers. Job seekers also benefit from having access to the most powerful mobile job search tool with a job inventory from over 100,000 companies.The ZipRecruiter platform is very robust, providing as much or more functionality than competitor job boards and apps. Access to ZipRecruiter's very large database of employers and job opportunities eliminates the need of using multiple job search boards.Click To Tweet
Why do Companies use ZipRecruiter?
ZipRecruiter has a user-friendly interface as well as a mobile-optimized tool. It has a centralized database for hiring and it seems to attract higher-caliber applicants. ZipRecruiter was ranked in the top 25 HR software alternatives in 2019 (see Top 25 HR Software of 2019. Job opportunities are posted on more than 50 job search platforms. As mentioned earlier, ZipRecruiter has a mobile-optimized tool and allows users to post openings and share resumes with a single tap. ZipRecruiter offers several pricing plans and billing options depending on how many job opportunities are posted.
Advantages of Using ZipRecruiter in Your Job Search
ZipRecruiter has the top-ranked mobile app for job search and one of the largest databases of job opportunities. ZipRecruiter is free for job seekers and has a number of tools, including salary info (“real salaries from real employers” is ZipRecruiter’s tag line for this). You can search for jobs based on job title, keyword, or location. ZipRecruiter keeps track of applied jobs and allows you to save jobs that you might want to look review at a later time. ZipRecruiter’s profile section is very robust.
Using ZipRecruiter for Job Search
Registering for ZipRecruiter is free and the onboarding process is very easy.
- Upload your resume (uploading the Word version of my resume worked fine).
- ZipRecruiter creates an online version of
- Adjust your online resume as necessary, online.
- All of the keywords and skills from
your resumeare posted as part of your profile.
- You can either let employers find you (based on your profile) or just apply for jobs that meet your experience and requirements.
- ZipRecruiter creates a list of suggested opportunities based on
your resumeand profile.
- You can have someone post a reference for you.
- You can automate and adjust job alerts based on search activity, location matching, and salary matching.
- Minimize or maximize notifications from the Notifications page with a wide range of options.
- See salaries from employers. Enter the job title or keyword along with the location and select search. You will see results displayed based on nationwide, and your location with commentary on average pay and pay ranges for that position. ZipRecruiter also displays job opportunities that match the title selection (on the same page).
- Save jobs that you may want to view at a later date.
- Keep track of the jobs that you’ve applied for by using their “Applied Jobs” link.
The ZipRecruiter site and smartphone app are very robust, providing as much or more functionality than competitor job boards and apps. Access to ZipRecruiter’s very large database of employers and job opportunities eliminates the need of using multiple job search boards.
Never miss an opportunity. On ZipRecruiter, top companies reach out to you.
There's no need to look anywhere else. With over 9 Million jobs, ZipRecruiter is the only site you'll ever need to find your next job.