We may receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners.
“Never cut a tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come.” – Robert H. Schuller
Spring Semester? It’s January! Yeah, I know how the college semester naming convention works, but at least the Fall semester really starts in the Fall. Anyway, May, summer vacation and (for some lucky parents) Graduation are just around and it’s not too soon to either be looking for your first job after graduation or a summer intern spot. There are plenty of resources at your disposal, not the least of which is your College Recruiting Office.
Internships: Whether you are graduating this Spring or will still be a student, you should definitely consider an Internship and it is never too early to start that process:
- eFinancialCareers – Graduates and Internships – This links to eFinancialCareers page for graduates and internships. There were 156 job opportunities for graduates when I checked the site. The job sector search (on the left hand side of the page) is set to graduate trainee, you can try this with other search engines as well. Select region for your country.
- How to Find an Internship – Not Just Any Internship—One That Fits Your Needs – This article, by Collegeboard.com, provides a guide to planning your College Internship process. The article provides a number of links to resources (one of which is covered below) and is a good place to start your planning for internship programs.
- Internships.com – Seems like the likely place to start your search for internships. The site has links at the top for company directories, student tool kit and student home. The link at the start of this paragraph runs the Internship search at the site (there were 666 Internship opportunities when I checked the site). You can narrow this down by using the search box on the left hand side of the page.
College Career Services: Overall resources for College Grads and soon to be graduating.
- College Career Services – This is a list of college career services sites posted on CareerAlley. This is a great list, which includes Company Career sites that have dedicated college pages. There is also a very long list of resources and articles which you will find useful.
- Top 10 College Career Services Blogs – Onedayonejob.com provides this article which lists the top college career blogs. You don’t need to go to the college in order to leverage their website. So take a look at the list and visit each of the sites. While you are at it, visit your college’s career site.
Good luck in your search.
Visit me on Facebook