We may receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners.
When you go for a
- Research the Company: Know its mission, culture, and recent news. Understand what they do and why they do it.
- Understand the Job Description: Be aware of what the role involves and how your skills and experiences align with it.
- Prepare Your Responses: Anticipate common interview questions and prepare thoughtful responses.
- Plan Questions for Your Interviewer: Show your interest in the role and the company by asking insightful questions.
- Know Your Interview Format: Is it a phone, video, or in-person interview? Each type requires different preparation.
- Dress Appropriately: Reflect on the company’s culture while remaining professional.
- Bring Necessary Documents: Copies of your resume, a list of references, and any other required documentation.
- Practice Good Hygiene: Ensure you’re clean, well-groomed, and presentable.
- Plan Your Route: If it’s an in-person interview, know where you’re going and how to get there on time.
- Adopt a Positive Mindset: Confidence and positivity can make a strong impression.
Research what the business does
This can sound kind of random, because shouldn’t it be so obvious? But other than the role that you are applying for, it is a good idea to know the real ins and outs of the company. The role that you are applying for will be a cog in the wheel, but seeing the whole wheel will help you to understand the company as a whole. A lot of this can be found online, particularly on the company’s website. Take some time to look into it so that you don’t end up looking confused and clueless at the interview.When you go for a job interview, it pays to know a lot of information about the company that you are interviewing for. It shows to them that this isn’t just any old job interview and that you have taken time to look into the company and what they do.Click To Tweet
Company mission statement
A mission statement from a company is basically a statement that shows the reasons behind what the business does and why they do it. It can be about the values that they hold as a business and can help you to learn about what it would be like to work somewhere like that. Being able to talk about parts of the mission statement at the interview and what you are impressed by or align with can show how you would fit in well with the company. At times of uncertainty, like we are facing right now, businesses want to hire people who are really going to make a difference in their business, which is something that global company leader Jozef Opdeweegh has talked about in recent interviews online. So it is important to read, research, and understand the company mission statement.
It can be hard to know about the culture of a company without going to the office and speaking to a range of employees. However, you can get an idea of the culture at the company by doing some research. Seeing what the public says about the company helps, as well as seeing how the company wants to be perceived by the public. Google, for example, is known for being a relaxed and chilled-out office, with nap pods, slides, games rooms, and free food. So you can get an idea about what they expect. Does the company have quite a strict and professional appearance, or are they a company that is casual and calm? Checking the social media sites of the company can make a difference and give you an idea of how they want to be perceived.
When you understand the company culture you can show how you would fit into the company, as it aligns with how you feel.