We may receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners.
“Running on – running on empty, Running on – running blind, Running on – running into the sun, But I’m running behind” – Jackson Browne
Running on empty? The list of possibilities for job search leads is endless, and if yours is running on empty it’s time to fill up. Your biggest problem should be that you have so many job leads and so little time. But don’t take my word for it, take a look at the list of resources and leads in this post and get to work. Not to say that you should apply to every job, sign up with every job search board and call every
- Alumni Job Site – Another resource by Beyond.com with an amazing number of resources for recent grads. Top of the page is the usual links – search Jobs, Post resume, Job Seeker Login and career Resources. Below this starts the long list of links. First section is “Choose Your career Channel” which is your field of study or interest (almost 30 are listed here). This is followed by Job Seeker Tools (center left hand side) and Featured Companies (center right hand side). Last, but not least, career Center Resources. But wait, where to begin? Not to worry, on the right hand side of the page are “3 Quick Steps to Job Seeker Success”! Need I say more?
- CampusCareerCenter.com – Jobs, Guidance and networking is this sites tag line. There are links at the top of the page for Post resume and Students. On the left hand side of the screen is the Student resource center with a number of links, including job search, Resources and Tools. Center page is a listing of featured employers while on the right hand side of the page is a rotating “Who’s Hiring” logo. Click on search Jobs (under job search) to search for jobs (you need to register first in order to do this).
- Internweb.com – Yes, I know that it feels early to be thinking of this (or maybe too late if you’ve already graduated). It’s a very good idea to have as many internships during your college education as possible, but if you are graduating this year and don’t have a job, you could certainly still do an internship over the summer until you find full time employment. This site has tabs near the top for Intern Listing, Intern Jobs, College Intern and Intern Board. Below this there is an Intern search bar to the left and below that is a section for students with plenty of resources. Center section is your main search area where you can subscribe or look at some internships now.
Who’s Hiring College Grads and Entry Level:
- Top Entry Level Employers – This amazing list is from Collegegrad.com and it provides links to hundreds of companies that are hiring entry level candidates. There is also a list for interns and masters graduates. Clicking on any one company brings up a page of statistics, with the Careers Page, Home Page and College page links on the left hand side.
- 25 Employers Hiring the Class of 2009 – Careerbuilder.com provides its list of companies that are hiring college grads (and there are thousands of opportunities). The list is in alphabetical order and provides an overview for each company. In addition to this list of 25 companies, there are a number of resources on the left hand side of the page that will help as well. At the top of the page you will find the usual Careerbuilder links.
job search Sites for Entry Level & College Grads:
- CareerRookie – This search site provides internships, search to find your job. Listing several thousand jobs, this site has additional tabs at the top for resumes and advise &resources. Finally, at the bottom of the page is another long list of links
- MBA Careers – The name is self-explanatory. This site has links at the top for Job Seeker, Post resume (register first) and search Jobs. Job Seeker provides some tools and links, but you should also click on search Jobs. This link provides a simple search engine on the left with a list of featured employers on the right hand side.
- College Central – ”The nation’s largest network of college job seekers” is the tag line for this site. There are two main sections – “Connect To” and “Content Links”. Connect To includes Alumni Center and Student Center. Click on these for specialized job search resources and search tools. As an example, the Alumni Center has over 62,000 jobs and over 100 career videos. Content Links includes links to a number of resources including career Corner with a number of relevant articles.
Good luck in your search.