We may receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners.
“The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it.” – Lou Holtz
So, don’t drop the ball, right? Easier said than done. As with everything in life where you want to be successful, the key is to be prepared. This extends to every part of your job search. It’s tough out there and there is a lot of competition. In addition to the usual suspects (resume, references, cover letters, etc.), you need to prepare for the interview. There are usually several rounds of interviews, the first with HR and then one or more of the hiring managers. The telephone interview has become very popular and, more times than not, tends to be the first round and the determining factor as to whether you will get a second round. Today’s post focuses on Telephone Interview techniques and tips.
- 8 Telephone Interview Preparation Tips – This article, posted on Worktree.com and written by Nathan Newberger provides some great tips to prepare you for your telephone interview. As the article points out, it is a screening interview and following these tips will help ensure you do not get “screened-out”. Once you’ve worked out your telephone interview techniques, check out the other career related links at the top of the page for job search, recruiter links and more.
- Phone Interviewing Success – This link provides a set of related articles and is provided by Collegegrad.com. There are six embedded articles in total, covering topics like preparation, interview techniques, types of interview and “Phone Personality Matching Technique”. Once again, there are related career links on the page. The left hand side of the page has links for preparation, Find the Job, Job Videos and more.
- Sample Phone Interview Questions | Phone Interview Answers – What better place to look for telephone interview tips and answers than the Job Interview & Career Guide website? This post provides an overview of the telephone interview, followed by tips for the interview and then sample questions and answers. There are a number of related articles at the bottom of the page.
- Most Common Phone Interview Questions And Answers – This article, provided by CollegeRecruiter.com, provides information to help you prepare for your telephone interview. The article provides a brief overview, followed by a long list of common phone interview questions and suggested answers. At the bottom of the article are questions that you can ask the interviewer as well as question not to ask (like “oes this job require that I pass a Drug and Background check?”).
- Phone Interview Tips… – This article, by job-application-and-interview-advice.com (a long title!), provides the Why, When and What of telephone interviews. There are embedded links to help you get additional information as well as numerous links to related career advice and tips. While not specifically related to this topic, the site has additional links a the top of the page.
Good luck in your search.