We may receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners.
Digital marketing involves broad tasks, such as social media marketing, search engine optimization, or digital marketing, it’s crucial to increase your knowledge and skills. Explore various specialties in digital marketing based on your interests and preferred career path.
If you want to build a career in digital marketing, it’s crucial to increase your knowledge and skills.Tweet This
Luckily, there are free online resources you can use to help you launch or kickstart your career in digital marketing. Continue reading and check out the top 5 below:
1. HubSpot Academy
The mission of HubSpot Academy is to transform and grow people and companies by offering free digital marketing training. HubSpot Academy is an official learning resource that can help you market, grow, and sell your inbound business.
Aspiring digital marketers can also learn how to use HubSpot tools, such as lead management, sales automation, meeting schedule, document tracking, and pipeline management tools. You can try these tools to practice essential skills you need to possess to start and grow your digital marketing career.
With HubSpot Academy courses, you’ll learn about various digital marketing strategies. These courses include topics on YouTube marketing, end-to-end Instagram Marketing, modern sales training, as well as a Facebook marketing course. Also, you’ll find courses on business writing, conversational growth strategy, social media certification, and inbound marketing certification.
Here are the topics and skills that HubSpot Software Training offers via the Growth Stack tool:
- Customer relationship management or CRM
- Identifying buyer personas
- Effective calls-to-action creation
- Capturing inbound leads
- Contact creation
- Inbound leads
- Organizing contacts
- Landing pages
- Lead flows
- Thank you pages
Once you have landed a career or started your digital marketing business, you can use HubSpot’s ad software, SEO software, social media software, blog software, and content management system. Connect with your leads with HubSpot’s email tracking, email marketing, and sales email templates.
2. Google Analytics Academy
Digital marketers use Google Analytics most of the time, and Google offers training for it. Google Analytics Academy offers free online courses to help you learn about the latest measurement tools of Google to grow your digital marketing business. Google uses intelligent data gathering and analysis, helping aspiring digital marketers monitor a site’s progress for a better career.
Here are the courses offered by Google Analytics Academy:
- Google Analytics for Beginners: You’ll learn how to create a Google Analytics account by taking this course. Also, you’ll learn proper implementation of tracking codes, analysis of basic reports, track campaigns, and creating realistic objectives.
- Advanced Google Analytics: With this course, you’ll learn the advanced features of Google Analytics such as data collection, data processing and configuration, complex analysis, and use of the most common marketing tools.
- Google Analytics for Power Users: Track business performance by learning and practicing actionable analyses, identifying areas for improvement.
- Google Analytics 360: You’ll benefit from Google Ad Manager, BigQuery, and Google Marketing Platform product integrations.
3. Google Digital Unlocked
Digital Unlocked is Google’s initiative in collaboration with the prestigious Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and Indian School of Business. It seeks to promote digital awareness to help startups and small scale businesses in India to go digital.
This Google training program is built across various formats, including offline, online, and mobile. Offline training of Digital Unlocked is conducted in partnership with the Indian School of Business and Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry.
Here are the good-to-know facts about Digital Unlocked:
- It allows users to set goals and recommends courses to help achieve set goals.
- Users can choose to learn and complete other courses that interest them after goal completion.
- The courses cover different topics that digital media has to offer using advanced tools.
- Certification is provided upon completing all courses and after qualifying for the final assessment.
4. Google Ads Certification
If you want to show your future employers or clients that you’re an expert in Google Ads, you have to pass the most sought-after Google Ads Certification. It is a professional accreditation offered by Google for people who can demonstrate basic and advanced Google Ads proficiency.
Google Ads certification allows you to be recognized as an online advertising expert. You can earn this through Google’s online training program for free. The different assessments for Google Ads certification include the following:
- Google Ads Fundamentals
- Display Advertising
- Search Advertising
- Mobile Advertising
- Shopping Advertising
- Video Advertising
Udemy.com is a tutorial platform for digital marketers and IT professionals. digital marketing is a broad umbrella that includes web design and development. If you want to have a career in web design or web development, Udemy is the best place to go.
This online resource offers free and paid courses, which are broken into several sections for absolute beginners and experienced digital marketing professionals. Udemy doesn’t require you to subscribe to the site to view content, and any content you purchase is yours.
Here are the benefits of enrolling in a Udemy course:
- Get to access your preferred digital marketing topic with thousands of Udemy video tutorials. Learn according to your pace, with Udemy videos typically running from 5 to 15 minutes. Be able to replay or pause modules when you wish.
- The instructors are very good and professional at teaching various topics of interest. All instructors are continually updating materials for evolving content.
- Never lose access to your purchases, which means you can view all purchased courses for a lifetime.
- Most Udemy courses have message boards and chat rooms. You can always ask a question if you’re experiencing issues with the content. Also, some instructors can provide access to direct chat and video options in certain hours.
- Some Udemy courses are accredited. It means that you can transfer Udemy content to college credit and job credentials. The majority of Udemy courses offer certificates of completion to prepare you for different certifications.
You have to know your preference so you can excel with it by taking assessments, watching video tutorials, and enrolling in classes with any of these free resources. In that way, you can equip yourself with valuable information, and take courses and certifications. All of these things will help you launch your digital marketing career and become successful in your chosen niche.
It’s no longer enough to be a specialist: in today’s tech-driven industry, you’ve got to be able to build websites, install analytics, run pay-per-click campaigns and join Twitter chats.