We may receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners.
Every once and awhile I get an email from a college student who is attending (or recently graduated) from the college I attended. They are usually looking for career advice or a potential inside track to a job at my company. What amazes me is the misconceptions about job
Suggested Reading: Job Search Tips & Techniques
- Top 10 Best Job Search Websites – Sometimes on top, sometimes not. This infographic lists the top
job searchsites in terms services and ratings. The “usual suspects” make up most of the list, but there are a few surprises (like LinkUp). There is a chart describing what makes each of these search sites special.
- 5 Reasons Why You Won’t Get a Job Offer – Getting a job offer is, of course, the goal. But sometimes you are not aware of what may have taken you out of the running. This article gives some of the top reasons why you won’t get the job. The top reason people don’t get a job offer is that they are just not properly prepared (Advanced Interview Preparation: Research, Strategize and Win Your InterviewAdvanced Interview Preparation: Research, Strategize and Win Your Interview). You should know some of this stuff (like you ask the wrong questions) but some are not so obvious (square peg, round hole). You don’t need to agree with all of these, but there is something to each one and you should definitely take a look.
- 10 New Year’s Resolutions Every Job Hunter Should Make – New Years is not that far away, and it’s never too early to make (or keep)
your job searchresolutions. We’ve all made them and you will recognize many on this list (if not all). The trick is to follow through. They are all great advice. One or two may not be on your list, but all are worth a read.
- The 25 Best Jobs – If we are going to list “top” anything, why not the top jobs? If you are really lucky, yours is on the list. If not, maybe you are thinking about a
career changeand this is the perfect list to help you make your choice. Boston.com provides this post and some of the jobs are a bit surprising. Good news is that there is a link to find your job as well as a link for the full list.
- 7 Cool Tools That Will Revolutionize How You Get A Job – Maybe you’ve been looking for a new job for some time, or maybe you’ve just started. Whatever your status, it doesn’t hurt to shake things up every once and awhile. This list provides some tools you can use to help in
your job search. Take a read.
career Tip of the Day: 9 Reasons Why I Won’t Hire You
We are always eager to hear from our readers. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or suggestions regarding CareerAlley content.
Good luck in your search,