We’ve had a number of posts on “the best companies to work for” which should help you focus your job search. But how do the companies rate that are not on the list? In fact, what do the people who actually work at these companies have to say? Every company, even the “best companies to work for” has their share of disgruntled employees. You should do your research before accepting a job offer and you may want to find a number of sources when researching companies in your job search.
- Careerbilss.com – This site is like a few websites in one. Search for jobs, check out salaries, look at (or submit) company reviews and more. Type in the company name to see the review at the top of the page to get a list of reviews and links to additional information for that company.
- Jobitorial.com – Their tag line is “Anonymous employee job reviews for thousands of companies”. This site also has reviews (by employees) of companies. The left hand side of the page has links to the most popular companies. You can use the alphabetical list at the top of the page or search for companies using the search box at the top left hand side of the page. You can also search by city and state. You can search by name or by City/State.
- Workedhere.com – Not only can you rate your company, but you can map it too! The top half of the main page is a map of the world with pop ups of rated companies. The map is interactive and will expand/contract by using the scroll wheel on your mouse. Below the map is a listing of Top Rated (left side), Worst Rated (center of the page and to the rate is a “Get Started” section.
- Indeed.com – Using the natural extension of search to company research, Indeed.com now offers employer reviews (use the link at the start of this paragraph). Makes sense that you can research company reviews from the same site where you look for jobs. You can type in the name of the company or look by ratings on the right hand side of the page. Search by location as well. Once on the company page, you can see the “star rating”, see some top reviews and then click the reviews tab to see more. Finally, use the Jobs tab to find job openings at that company.
- Glassdoor.com – Last, but not least, is glassdoor.com. The site started with salaries (everyone shares) but also has company reviews written by employees. Main page has recent salary reviews followed by recent company reviews. You can use a quick search at the top of the page (salaries, company reviews or interviews) or use the tabs for Salaries, Reviews and Interviews (this is new).
We are always eager to hear from our readers. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or suggestions regarding CareerAlley content.
Good luck in your search,