We may receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners.
Whether you have just started your own business, or have been operating for several years, you can always find new ways to promote your products and services to a wider audience. Making smart marketing decisions, both on and offline will allow your sales to thrive, your customer base to grow and your company to flourish every day.
With that in mind, here are 3 innovative ways you can start promoting your business today!
A Social Media Overhaul
It’s no secret that online content has changed over the last decade alone, especially in regard to social media. Whilst previously you may have checked on your social media profile now and then, we now spend a large majority of our free time with our phones in our hands. Regardless of whether you love or loathe social media, it’s an effective tool that can be used to help your business grow.Whether you have just started your own business, or have been operating for several years, you can always find new ways to promote your products and services to a wider audience.Click To Tweet
However, if your social media is poorly run, with low-quality or irrelevant content being sent out to your followers, it could hinder your business as opposed to helping it. When creating social media content, here are some things to remember.
- Be consistent. Post at least five times a week, but never more than once a day.
- Provide your followers with RELEVANT content that matches your brand.
- Respond to comments/messages, and build a relationship with your followers.
- Post product spotlights once a week.
- Post behind-the-scenes pictures of what you are working on. Keep followers informed about what is happening.
- Use a color scheme that matches your brand.
- Post reviews of your products on social media.
- Share links to your sales page to increase traffic and encourage purchases.
Send out Promotional Products
Another great way to increase your brand’s visibility is by handing out promotional products – whether you send them to prospective customers or include them in online orders. This can include a wide range of products, but you should ensure that the product is on-brand with the kind of services you offer. Some great suggestions include:
- Face masks
However, you must spend an appropriate amount of time selecting and designing your product. You don’t want it to appear cheap or low quality. Thankfully, there are plenty of guides online that can help you with personalizing your promotional products.
Collaborative Pop-Up Events
Collaborate with local businesses to host pop-up events or themed experiences. By combining resources and cross-promoting, you can reach new audiences and create a buzz. These unique, temporary events offer fresh opportunities for customers to engage with your brand, strengthening your community network, and demonstrating support for fellow local entrepreneurs. It’s an innovative, win-win approach to boost visibility and forge meaningful connections.
- Joint Artisan Fair Booth: Partner with a local craftsman to create a shared booth at an artisan fair, showcasing both handmade products and enhancing reach to a like-minded audience.
- Themed Pop-Up Restaurant Night: Collaborate with a local restaurant to host a themed pop-up dinner featuring dishes inspired by your products, fostering community engagement and brand awareness.
- Co-Hosted Workshop or Class: Team up with another business to offer a workshop or class, such as a cooking demonstration using your products, attracting enthusiasts and potential new customers.
- Community Charity Event Collaboration: Join forces with local businesses to organize a charity event or fundraiser. Aligning with a shared cause can elevate your brand’s reputation and strengthen community ties.
- Shared Seasonal Sales Events: Create a seasonal or holiday-themed sales event with neighboring businesses, offering discounts or special packages. The joint promotion can draw larger crowds and increase sales for all involved.
Run a Competition
Another great way in which you can boost your brand’s profile is by hosting a competition over social media. For example, you can put together a product bundle of your most popular items that are up for grabs. For a person to enter, they must:
- Like the picture
- Follow you on social media
- Share the image
This will automatically bring more traffic to your page, and allow you to build a wider audience. Furthermore, as you are making more people aware of your products, your sales are likely to increase – even if they don’t win the competition. You can also build a relationship with other brands within your industry or local area by hosting the competition in collaboration (i.e. both contributing to the prize and sharing the information with your followers).