We may receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners.
Job search can be a long and challenging
Are you trying to find the perfect gift for a job seeker? We’ve put together a list of gift ideas that every job seeker would appreciate.
Following is a list of practical gift ideas for the job seeker in your life.
Resume & Cover Letters
Number one on every job seeker’s list should be a killer resume and better than having a professional write one? A
resume Writing Partners:
- TopResume – Free Resume Review – TopResume writes and analyzes more resumes and LinkedIn profiles than any other service in the world. Let our
resumeexperts provide you with objective feedback and personalized recommendations to improve your resume and land the right job sooner. Get a free, confidential resume reviewfrom TopResume.
- ResumeGenius – Get a
resumein 15 Minutes. Simple To Use, No Registration or CC Required. Phone Support. Free resumeExamples. Career Specific Examples. Professional review. Live Chat. Easy to Use. Guided Walkthrough. Create a resumein minutes.
- Resume to Referral – Do you need a
resumewriting strategy that will work best for your career situation and current job search? Do you need the writing skills of a certified, published, and skilled resumewriter? Look no further.
- Resume Companion – Get more interviews with
resumeCompanion’s Free resumeBuilder. Their software has everything you need, including industry-specific bullet points, templates formatted to fit every type of job seeker, and exportable PDFs and Word docs.
- Jobscan – Optimize your resume and Boost Your
interviewChances. Jobscan is a tool that gives job seekers an instant analysis of how well their resumeis tailored for a particular job and how it can be even better optimized
- ResumeWriters – The fastest way to a new job is with a new and awesome
- Great Resumes Fast – Impress Employers with a Professionally-Written
resume. Your resumewill include the right words, information, format and design employers want on your resume. Learn how to outsmart applicant tracking systems (ATS).
- Resumeplanet – Supercharge
your resume, get the job that you deserve. Resumesplanet.com provides custom resumewriting services to job applicants around the world. A great product that will vastly improve your career.
- Monster.com Resume Writing – Get
your resumeprofessionally re-written at Monster.com – satisfaction guarantee!
RESUME WRITING SERVICES - Designed to help you get more interviews and succeed in the next phase of your career. Select your resume writing package and get a 10% discount.
Dress for Success –
A general rule of thumb when it comes to interviewing attire is to dress a step above what you think you should be wearing. While this does not mean you should be wearing a fitted tuxedo or a ball gown when you walk through the door, it does mean that you need to be dressed more professionally than usual. Whether the company that is interviewing you dresses casual or not, dressing up is your safest bet. As you begin to pick out your outfit, ask yourself if the items you are selecting are items you would wear during your regular day-to-day errands.
Give a gift card or other support in helping your job seeker dress for the part.
- How to Dress for Success – Would you like to get a better job, earn more money? Would you like your husband to move up the ladder of success, attract more friends? Then this is your book.
- Amazon Gift Card – Give an Amazon gift card to your job seeker so that they can buy the right clothes for their job
- The Job Interview Style Guide: How To Dress For An
interviewAnd Automatically Attract Employers. The Job interviewStyle Guide is a conversational step-by-step manual for men and women who want to learn how to dress for an interviewand automatically attract employers in a way that will make them stand out.
- What to Wear to Your Interview – Learn One of the Biggest Secrets Hiring Managers and Recruiters Have Never Told You. Have you been going to
interviewafter interview, but you never get that elusive job offer? It might not be your lack of experience holding you back.
Having and giving out business cards as part of a
This is a great and relatively inexpensive gift for any job seeker.
- Avery Printable Business Cards – Printable cardstock lets you design and print your own personalized business cards. Premium business cards feature Clean Edge(R)
technologyso that cards snap apart easily and leave behind the smoothest cleanest edges of any printab.
- Simple Custom Premium Business Cards – These business cards have a smooth matte finish using 16pt paper (129 lbs. 350gsm) with offset two sides full-color printing. The size is 3.5 inch (width) x 2.0 inch (height),
Production Time: 3-4days, Made in the USA
- FedEx – You can print your business cards at FedEx. They have a number of styles and you can add a photo as well. You can use one of the formats they offer or create your own.
- Office Depot – There is a wide variety of business cards available at Office Depot. DIY, Standard and Luxury cards are available.
Printable cardstock lets you design and print your own personalized business cards. Premium business cards feature Clean Edge(R) technology so that cards snap apart easily and leave behind the smoothest cleanest edges of any printab
Consider getting a Career Coach for someone who’s just starting out or is looking to make a
- TopInterview – TopIntervew provides a professional
interviewcoaching service. At TopInterview, each session is tailored to you and your unique goals. Your choice of comprehensive packages make it easy to get the help you need to nail your interviews.
- Tony Robbins Coaching – Tony Robbins provides coaching sessions that get results. Hand-selected and trained in Tony Robbins proprietary methodologies, our Results Coaches will empower you with the focus, insight, and accountability you need to achieve the consistent results you demand.
Help your job seeker in your life by helping them set up their LinkedIn profile in a way that will attract recruiters and hiring managers. Simply exporting a Linkedin profile into a
- The Power Formula for Linkedin Success – This simple, user-friendly guide explains how you can access the full power of lLnkedin–including advice on making lasting business connections, building a unique personal brand, and generating career opportunities.
- LinkedIn Unlocked –
- How to Write a KILLER LinkedIn Profile – Specific line by line instructions on how to create your
your job search.
- LinkedIn In 30 Minutes – If you’re serious about taking your career to the next level, you need to be on
There are countless career books, but if you want to help out your job seeker, then focus on books that help with resumes and interviews. Here are a few of our favorites.
- Knock ’em Dead Job Interview – Using his twenty-five years of experience, New York Times bestselling author Martin Yate has established a set of rules for job interviews that is sure to get you noticed.
- 301 Smart Answers to Tough Interview Questions – In today’s job market, how you perform in an
interviewcan make or break your hiring possibilities. If you want to stand ahead. above the rest of the pack, 301 Smart Answers to Tough interview questions is the definitive guide you need.
- Resume Book Recommendation – CareerAlley’s list of
- Cover Letter Book Recommendations – CareerAlley’s list of cover letter book recommendations.
If your job seeker has had a difficult time finding a job, the answer may be additional skills training. Listed here are some of our skills and training partners that offer courses to boost career prospects and make it easier to find a job.
- GreyCampus – GreyCampus transforms careers through skills and certification training. They are a leading provider of training for working professionals in the areas of
ProjectManagement, Big Data, Data Science, Service Management, and Quality Management.
- LinkeIn Learning –
learningprovides over 10,000 business, technology, and creative skills development courses designed for in-depth instruction and just-in-time microlearning.
- KnowledgeCity – Business Certification – The #1 resource for online video training and business certification. KnowledgeCity’s online learning platform makes training easy. Take a look at KnowledgeCity’s robust library of courses.
- KnowledgeCity – Computer Certification – Top resource for computer skills certification.
- Simplilearn – Simplilearn is one of the world’s leading certification training providers. They provide online training in disciplines such as Cyber Security, Cloud Computing,
ProjectManagement, digital marketing, and Data science among others, where technologies and best practices are changing rapidly and demand for qualified candidates significantly exceeds supply.
Briefcase or Portfolio
- STYLIO Padfolio/Resume Portfolio Folder – Interview – Elegant design featuring convenient, safe pockets ideal for documents, business cards, travel tickets, pitch proposals & resumes.
- MaxGear Professional Business Card Holder – Store approximately 10-20 business cards, also suitable for ID cards, credit cards, gift cards, and more. This business card case is made of premium stainless steel. Size: 3.7″L x 2.3″W x 0.3″H.
- Laptop Backpack – Laptop Backpack for Business with Anti Theft. Slim Durable Laptops Backpack with USB Charging Port, Water Resistant Computer Bag for Women & Men Fits 15.6 Inch Laptop and Notebook – Black.
- Leathario File Folder Padfolio – Business presentation folder Portfolio. Great for holding resumes, business cards, and a writing pad. The Product Dimensions Is 12.87″Hx10.14″Wx0.78″D. Could be put in a briefcase.
resume Printing Gear
Just because most resumes are submitted via computer doesn’t mean you don’t need to have printed copies of
- Office Depot Resume Paper – Great quality paper for printing
- Southworth Exceptional Resume Paper – Southworth Exceptional
resumePaper, 100% Cotton, 32 lb, White, 100 Count.
- HP OfficeJet – HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Wireless Printer, HP Instant Ink & Amazon Dash Replenishment Ready (K7V40A). Main functions of this printer: copy, scan, fax, wireless printing, AirPrint, touchscreen, Instant Ink ready – never run out of ink.
- HP LaserJet Pro – HP’s smallest LaserJet Pro is 35% smaller than its predecessor yet still delivers the same high-quality prints you’ve come to expect
- Where to Print Your Resume – Both FedEx and Office Depot are perfect places to print
- TopResume - Free Resume Review
TopResume writes and analyzes more resumes and LinkedIn profiles than any other service in the world. Let our resume experts provide you with objective feedback and personalized recommendations to improve your resume and land the right job sooner. Get a free, confidential resume review from TopResumeWe earn a commission if you click this link and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.