We may receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners.
Job recruiters are always looking for new applicants who could potentially fill open positions for their clients. Job seekers sometimes do not understand that, although a
- Recruiters try to find the best candidate for their client (the hiring company/manager).
- They will send as many qualified candidates as possible (you will be one among many).
- “Best in show” gets the
interview(more on this below).
- Don’t harass them. They will be the first to contact you if you get an
interview(or, better yet, an offer).
- Recruiters are experts on “how to get a job” and what their clients look for in candidates. Listen to what they have to say and take their advice.
1. Presentation Matters (“Best in Show”)
Recruiters are looking for the best candidate for the job. They will assess the overall presentation of applicants during interviews. The appearance, demeanor and communication skills of a person are all very important.
2. Contracts and Job Offers Are Negotiable
Once you get a job offer, the
3. A Master’s Degree Is Preferred
Education is very important. Recruiters prefer candidates who have a graduate degree, an MBA in management information systems (MIS), Finance or Business Administration. Higher education can be as valuable (or more valuable) than experience especially in leadership or administrative positions. That being said, many companies will help fund education (both undergraduate and graduate degrees) while working.
4. It Is All About the Client
Applicants need to understand the
5. There Are No Guarantees
Although many recruiters will talk positively about a potential job or position, they often do not tell applicants that there are no guarantees. There is no guarantee of hiring and no guarantee a contract or temporary position will become permanent. This is almost always true despite any assurances otherwise that are not accompanied by formal offers or documents.
Every meeting with a
Book Corner: LinkedIn Secrets From a Top Executive Recruiter: Want the job of your dreams? It all starts with saying the right things on your LinkedIn Profile. Get ... faster. Make more money. Love what you do
We are always eager to hear from our readers. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or suggestions regarding CareerAlley content.
Good luck in your search,