We may receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners.
Doing your homework is crucial to landing a great internship. Determine where you want to work, what inspires you, and what
After identifying your goals by reading the previous article (industry, responsibilities, and career objectives), it’s time to move on to the next step – creating a target list of companies that align with your values. We’ve also included some helpful resources at the end of the article to assist you.
Generating a list of companies that meet your objectives requires some research. Begin with your preferred industries and narrow down the list from there. It’s a step-by-step process that takes some effort, but the rewards are worth it.
Researching Your Industry and Companies
Job searching can be a daunting task, but with the right resources and strategies, it can be easier and more effective. One important aspect of job searching is researching potential employers and companies to find the best fit for your
- Glassdoor (https://www.glassdoor.com/index.htm): Glassdoor is a popular
job searchwebsite that allows you to search for jobs and research companies. You can also find reviews and ratings of companies written by current and former employees.
- LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/): LinkedIn is a professional networking website where you can search for jobs, connect with people in your industry, and research companies. You can also see company updates and news.
- Indeed (https://www.indeed.com/): Indeed is one of the largest
job searchwebsites, where you can search for jobs and research companies. You can also read reviews and salaries of employees.
- Google for Jobs (https://www.google.com/search?q=jobs): Google for Jobs is a
job searchengine that aggregates job listings from different job boards and company websites. You can search for jobs by location, industry, and keyword.
- Company websites: Many companies post job openings and information about their company culture and values on their websites. You can also find contact information for recruiters or hiring managers.
- Monster (https://www.monster.com/): Monster is a
job searchwebsite where you can search for jobs and research companies. You can also find career advice and job searchresources.
- CareerBuilder (https://www.careerbuilder.com/): CareerBuilder is a
job searchwebsite that allows you to search for jobs and research companies. You can also find career advice and job searchresources.
- SimplyHired (https://www.simplyhired.com/): SimplyHired is a
job searchwebsite that allows you to search for jobs and research companies. You can also find salary information and company reviews.
- USAJOBS (https://www.usajobs.gov/): USAJOBS is the official job board for the U.S. federal government, where you can search for government jobs and research government agencies.
- The Muse (https://www.themuse.com/): The Muse is a career advice and
job searchwebsite where you can find job listings, research companies, and read articles on career development.
How To Intern Successfully aims to help you be informed and confident as you explore and then successfully complete your internship.
Internship Support Services:
- Internships.com – https://www.internships.com/ Internships.com is the world’s largest
internshipmarketplace. You can search for internships by industry, location, or company, and you can also create a profile and receive personalized recommendations based on your skillsand interests.
- WayUp – https://www.wayup.com/ WayUp is a career platform for
collegestudents and recent graduates. They have a wide range of internshipopportunities and also provide career advice, job searchtips, and resume assistance.
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/internship-jobs/ LinkedIn is a professional networking site that also offers
internshiplistings. You can search for internships based on industry, location, and keywords, and you can also network with professionals in your desired field.
- Indeed – https://www.indeed.com/q-Internship-jobs.html Indeed is a popular
job searchsite that also has internshiplistings. You can search for internships by industry, location, or company, and you can also create job alerts to be notified of new opportunities.
- Chegg Internships – https://www.internships.chegg.com/ Chegg Internships is a platform that connects students and recent graduates with internships at top companies. They also provide resources for resume writing, interviewing, and career advice.
In today's highly competitive job market, an internship at the right company can be the first step to building a career. But how do you get the gig of your dreams?