We may receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners.
Interviews. Sounds fairly easy, all you have to do is talk about what you’ve done and how that relates to the job opportunity. In fact, the interview is the hardest part of the job search
You must have a great resume with relevant experience, but can you interview?Tweet This
This post focuses on the
There are a few critical things you need to prepare in order to have a successful
When you are asked “and what attracts you to XYZ Corp?” you should know the answer to the question. A lack of a basic understanding of the company will probably cost you the job. Employers not only want the right person for the job, but they also want someone who selected the company for specific reasons. You must do your research on the company before you
Study the Job Description
Spend time comparing the job description, specifically the skills and experience, to
Read a list of common (and uncommon) interview questions and ensure you have thought of the answers. Leverage the Internet to see if you can find
Know Your Interviewer
It’s always helpful to know as much about your interviewer as you can. This will help you understand the interviewer’s
- 5 Simple Tips that Will Help You Ace that Job Interview – There are ways you can prepare for the dreaded
interviewand make the right impression. Many articles on acing your interviewwill tell you to research the company, but you’ll help your case even more by researching your interviewers as well.
- How to Ace your Telephone Interview – Telephone Interviews have become very popular as the first step in an
interview process. Unfortunately, telephone interviews are probably the toughest type of interviews. Without visual cues (from both the interviewer and the interviewee), it is very difficult to know when to pause for the next question and when you’ve nailed the answer. Telephone interviews require even more preparation than in-person interviews. One important advantage to telephone interviews is that you can (and should) refer to your notes during the interview(just be careful to pay attention and not pause for too long).
- 7 Uncommon Interview Questions – Be Prepared – Some interviewers like to get a little creative and put their interviewees in the hot seat by asking questions that break the classic
interviewmold. The purpose of these questions is to put you in a pressure situation where you are required to think quickly without losing composure. The benefits of these unusual interview questionsare twofold for the interviewer.
- Here’s How to Shine at an Interview – The first thing to be aware of is that often it’s not your lack of ability that leads you to defeat – it’s your nerves and mindset in how you approach the
interview, so let’s look at some friendly advice on shifting your paradigm to tackle your tense state.
- 5 Reasons Why You Won’t Get a Job Offer – If you’ve been rejected when you thought you were sure to get an offer, then you need to figure out went wrong and adjust your approach to be more effective and eliminate reasons why you have not been successful
- interview Opportunities – Find more interview opportunities here.