Assessment Test Related:
Best Companies Lists / Company Related:
- 100 Best Companies to Work for 2008 -Fortune’s annual ”100 Best Companies to Work for”
- 2008 Best Companies to Work For – About.com page of America’s best companies to work for
- Diversity Organizations – Long list of diversity organizations (with links)
- Investigating a Company’s Commitment to Diversity – Determining if your target company is committed to diversity.
- Reader’s Choice: Best Diversity Companies 2008 – This list, provided by Diversity/Careers, lists companies, government agencies and other organizations that have been voted by readers as the best diversity companies
- The Best Places to Work for Recent Grads – This article, by www.experience.com, lists the top 20 companies for recent Grads based on a survey using set criteria.
- Top Entry Level Employers – This is a list of top entry level employers based on the projected number of entry level hires for 2008.
- Career Coaches: Should You Hire One? – This article provides some tips on finding a career coach.
- Career Coaches – Shifting Careers – These two articles from the New York Times provides some background and a few good links on the topic.
- Quintessential Careers Directory of Life and Career Coaches – This resource provides everything you need to help in your decision process.
Closing the Deal:
- Evaluating a Job Offer – About.com series of articles covering job offers
- Negotiating your job offer – Spencer Stuart article on negotiating a job offer
- The Riley Guide – Articles on negotiating employment contracts and submitting your resignation
College Grad / Entry Level Related:
- Careerfairs – BusinessWeek – BusinessWeek article about Career Fairs.
- Graduates Won’t Have Job Woes – Article published by the Shreveport Times
- Many Entry-Level Workers Find a Rough Market – NY Times article provides statistics on entry level jobs
- Preparing new grads for uncertain job market – This article covers what the job market will be like for this year’s college grads.
- Ten Keys to Success at Job and Career Fairs – This article provides advice on preparing for career fairs.
- Top 10 College Career Services Blogs – Top college career blogs
- Wikijobs – Internships – Wikijobs article on Internships
- Good Questions to Ask in an Interview – A long list of potential questions you can ask from GradView.com
- How to Dress for an Interview – About.com article on how to dress for an interview.
- How to Dress for a Job Interview – Collegegrad.com provides information on how to dress from the point of view of a college grad
- Interviews – Monster career article on how to approach the interview
- Interview Answers – About.com article on potential interview questions and recommended answers
- Interview Questions Practice makes perfect – Spherion.com provides an extensive list of questions you might be asked.
- Interview Survival Kit – This resource, from the Washington Post, provides a wealth of information regarding the interview process.
- Interview Tips – MSN list of interview questions, what to do, what not to do
- Six Reasons to Run From a Job Interview – This article provides some good advice on how to spot a problem interview/company.
Job Search Tips:
- 5 Steps for Surviving the Job Search Doldrums – Points on how to leverage this time of year in your search
- Get Into the Holiday Spirit for a New Job – Tips on how to leverage the Holiday season to jump start your job search
- Job Offer Negotiation -Articles on negotiating a job offer
- Job Search Internet Privacy – About.com article on internet privacy
- Job Seekers’ Guide to Resumes: Twelve Resume Posting Truths – Article on resumes
- Ten Careers that Pay More Than $50k the First Year – Yahoo! Education provides a list of the top paying careers
- Thanksgiving to New Year’s Job-Search Doldrums Got You Down? – Get an edge on your job search during the Holidays
- The Risks – What Do You Have to Lose? – Article on protecting your privacy
- The Rules of the Road to a New Career – Focuses on the rules of the road for conducting your job search
- Tips for Using the Internet to Your Advantage – Article about leveraging the Internet in your search
- Tips For Writing Cover Letters – A very good article from WorkTree.com
- Top 10 Job Search Sites used by HR Professionals – About.com survey of HR professionals and recruiters
- Elevator Speech is the Swiss Army Knife of Job-Search Tools – Offers a comprehensive review of the topic
- How To Write an Effective Elevator Speech – Edugree.com’s take on writing your elevator speech
- Nine Worst Resume Mistakes – What not to do on your resume.
- Resumes – About.com’s section on resumes is very extensive
- What is an Elevator Speech? – Provide seven basic components of a job search elevator speech
- LinkedIn for Job Search – A step-by-step guide
- Riley Guide on Networking – This article provides an excellent review of networking
- Successful Job Search Networking – About.com article on networking
- The Art of Career and Job-Search Networking – Quintcareers page dedicated to networking
- The Social Network as a Career Safety Net – NY Times article on social networking
On the Lighter Side:
- 37 WEIRD JOBS THAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY MAKE A LIVING AT – From www.jobprofiles.org
- Creating a 30-Second Elevator Speech – A short article (in pdf format) by Womenwork.org
- Top 10 Funniest Job Horror Stories – It is what it is!
- Top 10 Worst Job Tips – A list of the “top 10″ (maybe it’s really the bottom 10) job tips
Recruiters & Headhunters:
- Effective use of recruiters in your job search – It covers the basics for working together effectively
- Search Firm Rules of the Road – Covers some of the basics for working with recruiters
- Resume Tips for Technology Professionals – Aarticle by Monster Career Advice, covers specific requirements for Technology resumes
Thank You Letters:
- Write Winning Thank-You Letters – From Monster.com’s Career Advice section
- Thank You Letters – Boston College’s Career Center offers good advice on Thank You letters
- Thank-You Letters and Other Job-Search Correspondence – From Boise State University’s Career Center
- Desperately Seeking Workers – AOL page lists the top 10 companies hiring this week based on job postings
- Who’s Hiring – The Wall Street Journal’s (WSJ) online career site lists companies that are currently hiring
Good luck in your search. Joey Trebif
|Search Millions of Jobs|