I often think, why bother unless you strive to be the best. I’d like to think that the vast majority of us set out to do the best we can. Now some of us may procrastinate or may put in a really good effort to a point, but most of us want to simply be the best. So why not work for one of the best companies? There are “best lists” for everything and Job Search is no exception. Drop a line and let me know what “best lists” I missed.
- Best Places to Work in Finance – This article is from About.com and is all about Finance and Accounting. If you are a Finance person (as I am), then you will be interested in this list. The list was compiled by using companies that seem to get frequent mentions in surveys about being the best. There are additional links at the bottom of the page for related items.
- Best U.S. Retail Companies to Work For – Continuing on the About.com theme, this article from Forbes provides a similar view for Retail with lots of information on each company. The article lists the best companies. There are related articles at the bottom of the page as well as tabs at the top of the page related to Retail.
- Best Places to Work for Recent Grads – In this case the word “places” means companies. This article, posted by connectedu.com, is a good read for anyone looking for a job and provides an overview with a few embedded links. This is a list of companies (with industry) that are considered the best places to work (according to this article). Additional links can be found here:
- Best Companies for College Grads
- 6 Links to Jobs from the Best, Biggest and Most Admired Companies
- 100 Best Companies to Work For – No, this is not a misprint. This article is indeed about best places to work. The article was posted by Fortune and lists companies with embedded links. Click the link to fast forward to a list of companies. Click on a company and this brings up a page with detail on the company, including a checklist of benefits. There is also a link to the company’s website.
- Best Places to Work – One more list for you of the best places to work, this one from glassdoor.com and includes their top 50 winners. The list is in rankings order with the company name (with an embedded link to a glassdoor review) and the rating. Click on the company name to see the full glassdoor review.
- The 25 Best Places To Work Around The World – This list is from Business Insider and this collection of companies hired over 120,000 people last year.
- The 22 Best Tech Companies To Work For, According To Employees – Also from Business Insider (this time Tech).
- Best Places to Launch a Career – Just starting out? Take a look at this list.
- The Best Retail Companies To Work For Right Now – This one from Forbes. Get your stuff at a discount too!
- Work From Home: The Top 100 Companies Offering Flexible Jobs In 2014 – All this AND you get to work from home!
- 50 BEST COMPANIES TO SELL FOR – Lots of factors go into this list from SellingPower.com.
- 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare | 2014 –
- The Best Law Firms to Work For – A great list from vault.com.
We are always eager to hear from our readers. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or suggestions regarding CareerAlley content.
Good luck in your search,