Are you happy in your job? Happiness is a state of mind and, according to merriam-webster.com, happiness is defined as “a state of well-being and contentment”. So what does “happy” look like (no reference meant to the Disney Dwarf named Happy)? Well it looks like a lot of things. Some work related definitions are: you really like going to work each day, you really like your job, you really like your company, etc. Now all of these need not be present at the same time to be happy, but the more the happier. Much of what defines the best companies to work for has to do with, what I will call, the “happiness factor”. These could be benefits, the way employees are treated, what the company stands for, etc. For each of the companies covered in this post, you can find the criteria that defined them as “Best Companies” at the following link ==>> Best / Worst.
- CHG Healthcare Services - Number 26 on the listk CHG has over 1,140 employees and lost 147 jobs last year. They are, of course, a healthcare company. Their careers page shows their family of companies center page with links at the top for List of All Openings, Search Openings and Submit My Resume. There were 31 job opportunities when I checked the site.
- Scottrade – Scottrade is a discount broker and 27 on the list (up from 60). They have over 2,400 employees and hired 436 people last year. Their main career site has tabs at the top with Search Jobs, Working @ Scottrade and a tab for Internships. In the center of the page they have a big Search Jobs button. Select Search Jobs to review links to Job Openings by category, manage your resume, create a job agent and look at all job openings. There were 144 job opportunities when I checked the site.
- JM Family Enterprises – An automotive company and 28th on the list, JM has over 3,800 employees and lost 795 jobs last year. Their careers page provides a brief overview of the company with links to their companies, their work/life program, benefits and current job openings. There were 37 job opportunities when I checked the site.
- Quicken Loans – Quicken was number 29 last year and 29 again this year. They have 2,893 employees in the US and 4 jobs last year. Their careers page has a company overview, with links at the top of the page for Company Openings, information on benefits, College Recruiting and more. They have additional decision points for your search – Experienced Hire, Recent College Grad and Service or Retail. You can add a profile and submit a resume. There were 38 job opportunities when I checked the site.
- Alston & Bird - This company is ranked 30 on Fortune’s “Best Companies to work for” and have over 1,840 employees. They added 121 job this year. They are a law firm with locations in several different cities. Their career page is divided by sections: Lawyers, Law Students, Foreign Internships, Paralegals and professional staff. You can search for jobs and add a profile.
Good luck in your search.